Do's and Do Not's Shipping Birds
Suggested Prior To Shipping
Please Read Shipment Info. You are the best judge to protect your investments.
- DO Feed and water birds prior to shipment
- Do Place liter or bedding in the bottom of the box to collect moisture, reduce odors and provide a foothold
- Do Place a source of moisture in the box with the birds. This source should be something that will hold it's moisture for several days, not be able to be spilled and be acceptable or accustomed to the birds such as sliced cucumber, apple or orange. Do not depend solely on leafy vegetables as these will wilt and loose their moisture content very quickly.
- Do Inform the recipient of the expected delivery time so they will be able to unpack and care for the birds as quickly as possible
- Do Consult experienced shippers if you have any questions. We can suggest but you are the best judge.
- Do Check weather conditions in your area and at the destination to insure that they will not pose a threat to your birds or cause a shipping delay
- Do Contact your local post office for the delivery schedule that will minimize transit time and insure delivery on a business day
- Do Write the shipping address on the box in case the shipping label come off
- DO NOT ship birds that are injured, ill or under stress
- DO NOT remove the white breathable membrane from over the ventilation holes. The membrane protects your birds from airborne pathogens, reduces excitability, stress and is required by postal regulations
- DO NOT ship birds in very hot or very cold weather conditions. Remember the temperature inside a closed container will always be higher than the temperature outside the container. This excess heat can be injurious or fatal to birds in hot weather. This is the reason for our complicated designs. Tolerance of heat and cold varies with species, age and time of year. If in doubt, don't ship
- DO NOT over pack the box. Too many birds in a box can cause over heating and stress which can be harmful or fatal. Stuffing a box full of birds to save a few bucks on shipping is not work the risk
- DO NOT ship birds over the weekend or holiday. They may become stranded or held up at the post office for long periods. Not recommended.
- Any Questions, please ask our sales team about the Do's and Do Not's........